In 2016 SAIA commenced with the implementation of our new participative business model. This model allows SAIA to continue to actively drive common industry challenges while playing a secretarial and guidance role for specialist topics that are of interest to only a few members, known as SAIA Forums. The SAIA Forums have now all been fully established and Chairpersons have been elected for all Forums.
The current forums are:
- Association for Marine Underwriters South Africa (AMUSA);
- SAIA Agricultural Risk and Crop Insurance Forum;
- SAIA Cell Captives Insurance Forum;
- SAIA Consumer Credit Insurance Forum;
- SAIA Health Insurance Forum
- SAIA Legal Expenses Insurance Forum;
- SAIA Mega Infrastructure Projects Forum
- SAIA Premium Collections Forum;
- SAIA Travel Insurance Forum;
- Solvency Assessment Management (SAM) Forum; and
- South African Machinery Insurers’ Association (SAMIA).
A number of these Forums have made substantial progress in terms of engaging with their stakeholders in addressing the issues that affect the industry.
SAIA also facilitated an induction workshop for some of the new Chairpersons in November 2016. The purpose of the workshop was to provide guidance in terms of stakeholder engagement, providing clarity in respect of the Chairpersons’ role as well as equip them with more information as they will be actively involved in drafting industry submissions and engage with stakeholders.
Following the appointment of all the Chairpersons, the SAIA has committed to facilitating further workshops in 2017. The purpose of these sessions is to encourage information sharing among the Chairpersons and to allow them gain more insight in respect of the roles that various SAIA Forums play in the industry.
For more information contact Promise Mhlanga at Promise@saia.co.za