The South African Insurance Association (SAIA) is the representative body of the short-term insurance industry. It represents the industry to all relevant stakeholders to ensure a sustainable and dynamic industry. SAIA has 59 members, comprising all categories of short-term insurers, including reinsurers. Its members abide by the SAIA Code of Conduct, which ensures adherence to best-practice industry standards and self-regulation.
To promote and represent the interests of the short-term insurance industry, while leading and enhancing the efforts of the industry to become recognised and trusted as an important contributor to the South African economy and society.
- To encourage fair and ethical treatment of short-term insurance customers
- To favourably represent the short-term insurance industry in such a way that all stakeholders have trust and confidence in the industry
- To create an environment in which industry members can share information, debate important and relevant issues, and create a common vision for the short-term insurance industry
- To create opportunities for the industry and to embark on initiatives that will enhance its image and reputation amongst all stakeholders
- To promote understanding of short-term insurance to all stakeholders
- To promote awareness of the industry and its contributions to society and the South African economy