In response to a request by the Financial Services Conduct Authority (then Financial Services Board) that industry bodies, namely the South African Insurance Association (SAIA), the Financial Intermediaries Association (FIA) and the South African Underwriting Managers Association (SAUMA)...
The South African Insurance Association (SAIA) is the representative body of the non-life insurance industry. It represents the industry to all relevant stakeholders to ensure a sustainable and dynamic industry. SAIA has 58 members, comprising all categories of non-life insurers, including reinsurers. Its members abide by the SAIA Code of Conduct, which ensures adherence to best-practice industry standards and self-regulation.
To promote and represent the interests of the non-life insurance industry, while leading and enhancing the efforts of the industry to become recognised and trusted as an important contributor to the South African economy and society.
- Encouraging fair and ethical treatment of consumers of non-life insurance products;
- Representing the non-life insurance industry with all stakeholders and at all levels in such a way that these stakeholders have trust and confidence in the industry;
- Creating an environment in which the members of our industry can share information, debate important and relevant issues, and create a common vision for the non-life insurance industry;
- Creating opportunities for the industry to continue with, and embark on, initiatives that will enhance its image and reputation among all stakeholders;
- Promoting understanding of non-life insurance to all stakeholders;
- Promoting awareness of the industry and its contributions to society and the South African economy.
At SAIA we believe that the SAIA Monthly Bulletin is a platform of paramount importance not only for SAIA, but also for the non-life insurance industry at large. Through this platform, SAIA will continue to deliver valuable and current information about our initiatives and any other issues that impact the non-life insurance industry.
Johannesburg – The Business for Road Safety (BRS) forum, an initiative formed by the South African Insurance Association (SAIA) in collaboration with other relevant stakeholder business associations launched its Road Safety Pledge on Wednesday at Midrand Conference Centre.